Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer Time

I don't take many photographs in summer for a variety of reasons: the light is too harsh, many of the plants are blasé and tired-looking, and because I am generally exhausted and uninspired after days of glaring sunlight and far too many hours in hot, humid greenhouses. And...I'm getting old. But occasionally I'll snap a flower photo or a nursery scene, and sometimes fascinating clouds in the sky. So, here we go:

































Acer palmatum 'Umegae'






Lilium parryi











Lilium 'Loreto'






Sempervivum 'Spinel'








Aquilegia longiflora












Calycanthus 'Venus'














Bletilla 'Kate'







Lilium speciosum var. rubrum










Penstemon heterophyllus 'Electric Blue'



Rosa 'Sunsprite'








Caesalpinia gilliesii





Sequoiadendron giganteum




Campanula latifolia



Picea polita




I guess I'm not totally devoid of energy to take photos in the summer after all. In fact, I'll put down my beer and go outside to see what I can find.

Good idea Talon, and stop complaining about how old and tired you are.”



4 comments:

  1. pics of 3 Sequoiadenron is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think you might be old; but you still got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed these very, very much. Thank you for sharing them.

    E in Milwaukee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the Sequoidendron. It makes me want one (or three!)

    ReplyDelete