Monday, July 7, 2014

Photo Contest Winner



Thanks to all of you who took part in our biannual photo contest. I'm always surprised and pleased that so many of you participate.

Ensete ventricosum 'Maurelii'


The winner with the most votes is Ensete ventricosum 'Maurelii', which surprised me. Lindsey L. was selected from the many of you who chose the Ensete, and Lindsey will receive her photo directly from Plywerk company. Allow two or three weeks, and thank you for your interest in the Flora Wonder Blog.

Ginkgo biloba 'Blue Cloud'

Fagus sylvatica 'Aurea Pendula'

Other photos receiving numerous votes were Ginkgo biloba 'Blue Cloud' – imagine that! – and Fagus sylvatica 'Aurea Pendula'.

Pinus thunbergii

My favorite was Pinus thunbergii, a specimen from the Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection in Washington state, which certainly exudes magnificent mojo. I have already rewarded myself with a prize, as it is now hanging from our office wall.

"All of my plants are equally wonderful."



P.S. One knucklehead named Hyper left a blog comment:

"I think they all suck man, and besides........"

Well, besides what? Like really bad? Like life is terrible and you hate plants? I think you would be wise to get back to your crayon therapy, and whatever you do, don't stray from your medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment